Inna Khazan, PhD, BCB & Leah Lagos, PsyD, BCB
25 April | 26 April
High performing individuals bring a great depth of skill and knowledge to their work and training. They excel in most areas of their expertise and lead successful lives and careers. And yet, some of the challenges they encounter are more stressful than others. They are not always able to bring their knowledge and skills to bear in high stress situations, leaving them feeling unable to perform at their best.
These challenges are not related to lack of skill or experience, and require a set of skills not typically taught in school. Our ability to self-regulate is at the core of how we handle stressful situations. Ideally, we want our brains and our bodies to work in ways that foster a resilient response to stress and we want them to recover quickly once the stressful event is over. Mindfulness and biofeedback-based skills are specifically aimed at training the mind and body’s ability to self-regulate in challenging situations and optimize performance.
In this 2 day course, participants will learn how to help themselves and their high performing clients (athletes, business leaders and executives, attorneys, scientists, musicians and artists, among many others) to optimize their performance, increase resilience, and ability to self-regulate through the skills of mindfulness, acceptance, and compassion integrated with psychophysiological principles of biofeedback. We will cover specific applications of mindfulness and biofeedback techniques in optimizing performance, using lecture, open discussion, and first-hand experience with mindfulness and biofeedback.
As a result of taking part in this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss concepts of mindfulness, acceptance, and compassion and their relevance to performance, resilience, and self-regulation.
- Discuss the concept of biofeedback and its relevance to performance, resilience, and self-regulation.
- Observe and/or experience specific mindfulness and biofeedback techniques.
- Explain how to apply mindfulness and biofeedback-based skills in training high performing individuals.
- Begin applying those skills to their own practice.
About Inna Khazan, PhD, BCB
About Leah Lagos, PsyD, BCB